WUEC staff is responsible for creating locally-produced programming to be aired every Sunday night of the school year. Current programs include Blugold Radio, Local Independence, and WUEC News. WUEC’s office and studio are located in the Communication & Journalism Center of Hibbard Humanities Hall.
- Develop a strategic PR plan in coordination with our Faculty Advisers
- Develop strategies and tactics to increase our visibility on campus
- Manage and assist the Publicists, Event Coordinator, and Webmaster in producing weekly PR materials, including press releases, web and social media content, and event materials
- Measure the success of WUEC’s outreach
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes.
- Strong writing skills
- Familiarity with AP style and press releases
- Experience with social media
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
This paid position is compensated for 6 hours a week, although actual work hours may vary. Federal work-study eligibility may be considered but is not required. Ready to apply? Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Station Manager Karen Dahl at email@example.com. Questions? Please contact Karen.
Application deadline: 11:59 a.m. on April 15, 2013