WUEC is looking for three new Show Hosts, one of whom will serve as a Senior Producer.
WUEC staff is responsible for creating locally-produced programming to be aired every Sunday night of the school year. Current programs include Blugold Radio, Local Independence, and WUEC News. WUEC’s office and studio are located in the Communication & Journalism Center of Hibbard Humanities Hall.
- Produce one show per week
- Interview students and community members
- Attend weekly meetings
- Produce weekly promos
- Assist the management team in general station activities
- Report to the Senior Producer (Senior Producer reports to the Station Manager)
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes.
- Knowledge of studio production
- Familiarity with Adobe Audition or a similar audio editing program
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with interviewing
- Familiarity with cultural events at UW-Eau Claire and the local independent music scene
- For the Senior Producer position- ability to manage other show hosts and provide technical and on-air skills training
Ready to apply? Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Station Manager Karen Dahl at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Please contact Karen.
Application deadline: 11:59 a.m. on April 15, 2013