WUEC 89.7 FM
105B Hibbard Humanities Hall
124 Garfield Avenue
Eau Claire, WI 54702
Contact: Darrion Behrendt, Public Relations Manager
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WUEC 89.7 FM PROGRAMMING FOR SEPTEMBER
EAU CLAIRE, Wis., September 26, 2015–– Blugold Radio will debut a new weekly segment focusing on poetry with producer Jake Meurett this Sunday night, September 26, 5-8 on 89.7 WUEC-FM.
Blugold Radio, a news, interview and cultural program developed by students at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire will also be featuring news segments on topics such as renewable energy, Eau Claire construction, the UW-Eau Claire bureau readers, rising numbers of alcohol detoxes in Eau Claire, as well as a memorial for a local high school band director who was killed in a car crash last weekend.
Other highlights from this week’s broadcast will include:
- A feature from Senior Producer Breane Lyga, where she will be reflecting on her interview with two attendees of the 1965 Selma marches
- An international segment with Elizabeth Gosling, featuring an interview with student Olivia Edwards on her study abroad experience in Australia
- A student organizations segment from Producer Sammi Wensel, featuring an interview with Seth Hale, president of UWEC Players and a piece on the upcoming campus event, The 24 Hour Project
- Max Harding and Dwight Mills with a segment on Homescreen on Air about video game re-releases
- A feature on the Black Lives Matter movement with Eddiberto Sanchez
Blugold Radio will also include regular segments on Eau Claire arts, sports and movie reviews, as well as an hourly newscast that earlier this year was named “Best Newscast” in the studio division of the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association annual awards.
WUEC 89.7 FM is a professional and unique student run program. Blugold Radio broadcasts from Hibbard Humanities Hall on the UW-Eau Claire campus Sunday nights from 5 to 8 p.m.
# # #