EAU CLAIRE, Wis.,Oct. 25, 2015––Roughly 136 people per hour are abducted and sold into slavery every day, according to the website Force for Compassion. Senior producer Sammi Wensel will bring an informative interview on the topic of human trafficking with the president of the UW-Eau Claire Human Trafficking Abolitionists Brianna Sweeny to Blugold Radio, a student-run weekly news, culture and interview program this Sunday, October 18 5-8 p.m. on 89.7 WUEC-FM.
Blugold Radio will also preview UW-Eau Claire plans to close the opportunity gap by increasing enrollment of students of color by twenty percent. Reporter Sam Martinez will have the story, including interviews from students attending listening sessions on the plan October 20-21.
Also happening this Sunday on Blugold Radio:
- Producer Eddieberto Sanchez will be discussing LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer and/or questioning) labels with UW-Eau Claire Women’s and LGBTQ Resource Coordinator Christopher Jorgenson.
- Segment host Melody Lewis will present an international news segment on extremist group ISIS, featuring an interview with Dr. Ali Abootalebi, a Political Science professor at UW-Eau Claire.
- Producers Rayna DeJongh and Jake Meurett will be presenting a poetry session featuring works from UW-Eau Claire student Samantha Kriese.
- News reporter Gabe Lagarde will be presenting a feature on UW-Eau Claire English professor and accomplished musician Joel Pace and his invention of what he calls “lit hop” or literary hip hop.
- News Director Symone Foster will be covering UW-Eau Claire Chancellor James Schmidt’s roundtable discussion on the new conceal and carry legislation for UW-System campuses this Wednesday.
- Triple Threat Podcast Crew will present the new Blugold of the Week.
Blugold Radio regularly includes newscasts hosted by News Director Symone Foster at the top of each hour that earlier this year was named “Best Newscast” in the studio division of the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association annual awards as well as segments on Eau Claire arts, sports and events.